This anti-inflammatory smoothie contains both turmeric and ginger – two roots famously known for their anti-inflammatory properties. I add a pinch of black pepper to make sure that the turmeric is absorbed.
To read more about food pairings for nutrient absorption, click here. In that blog post, I discuss 7 food combinations that enhance each other.
In this anti-inflammatory smoothie, I also included passion fruit. Passion fruit is an incredible fruit. It tastes tart and sweet at the same time. While very expensive because not many grow it, it’s very easy to grow in your backyard.
What I love about smoothies so much is that they are actually very simple. Just a few ingredients can create that miracle flavor, and so full of nutrition. The trick is always to come up with a combination that produces a unique flavor, texture, and nutrient profile all at once.
All of these amazing healthful ingredients combined are simple enough, yet they make this healthy anti-inflammatory smoothie taste just like bubblegum. You will love it.
Make this smoothie with me, here is the video:
- 3 bananas + 1 frozen banana for creaminess; all ripe
- 3 passion fruits
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder or a piece of turmeric root
- a pinch of black pepper to better absorb the turmeric
- small piece of ginger root up to you - I like it spicy so I add a lot!
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Medjoul dates optional
Blend until smooth
Like any smoothie recipe, feel free to add a handful of greens of your choice to make it even more nutritious.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- Vegan Pantry Staples: Get Started on a Plant Based Diet with this List - March 17, 2019
- Plant Based Diet Weight Loss: The Vegan Meal Prep Plan - March 14, 2019
- Weight Loss on a Plant Based Diet: Your Step by Step Guide - March 10, 2019