Carrot Salad Recipe
This carrot salad will have you loving carrots! It’s flavorful, and the carrots pair so nicely with the dill, hemp, and caper dressing.
When I was a kid, my mom used to juice carrots daily for me. Eventually, I actually turned orange. My friends would always compare my hands to theirs – the palms of my hands were definitely orange color! This is not a harmful side effect for your health, but it definitely made me loath carrots. I was just so sick of carrot juice!
However, carrots are an amazing and very healthy food. I wrote about them as part of my blog post on The Top Healthiest Foods, which you can read here. This recipe will make it much easier for all of us, including me, to eat more carrots!
Watch the recipe video:
Imagine yourself eating so many carrots on their own – it’s much less exciting than eating these carrots with the delicious dressing I have put together, and I teach you how to put together your own dressings, and how to combine them in amazing plant based meals inside the course. If you think figuring out how to make vegan meals taste good is magic, then you have just not discovered the science behind it yet, and this is exactly what I teach in the course!
And in celebration of the opening of the second round for enrollment in The Effortlessly Flavorful Vegan Kitchen, I am excited to present to you:
$50-Worth of My Favorite Vegan Pantry Items GIVEAWAY
I am partnering with one of my favorite online marketplaces, Vitacost, for this GIVEAWAY of 7 of my favorite pantry items.
One lucky winner will receive a delivery of 7 of my favorite vegan pantry items that I teach how to incorporate into meals inside of the online course, The Effortlessly Flavorful Vegan Kitchen. These items will help you make quick, easy, and extremely flavorful vegan meals! They work really well to bring up the flavor of any fruits and vegetables in your dishes. And we are going to use a few of them for our recipe today.
The giveaway opens on July 23, 2017 at midnight, and closes August 5, 2017 at midnight.
*Note: brands may vary, but this is a photo of the items you will receive.
To Enter to Win this Delivery of Vegan Pantry Items from Vitacost, Chosen by Soul in the Raw:
1. First, enter your name and email at: www.soulintheraw.com/vegan-essentials-giveaway/
2. Entering above will register you for the giveaway, and also put you on the wait list for The Effortlessly Flavorful Vegan Kitchen online course.
3. Once wait-list only enrollment opens, you will receive information about the course in your email.
4. Winners will be selected after the special wait list-only enrollment for the online course closes. To win, you must enroll in The Effortlessly Flavorful Vegan Kitchen and enter your info at the link in step #1.
Raw Vegan Carrot Salad Recipe
Without further adieu, I invite you to enjoy this amazing, simple, and nutritious carrot salad.
- 6 cups Grated carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced shallots or sweet onion about 1/4 sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons dried dill
Grate the carrots using your food processor (quickest way), a grater, or buy grated carrots.
Slice the onion thinly with a sharp knife, and mix with the carrots.
Mix everything with the dressing, and top with dill.
Blend all ingredients together until completely smooth. Add to blender in the order they are written for easiest blending.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- Vegan Meal Prep: Time-Saving Tips and Tricks for Easy Meals - January 13, 2019
- Vegan Grocery List and Grocery Shopping Tips to Beat the Overwhelm - January 6, 2019
- Vegan Pantry Staples: 10 Tips on Stocking the Perfect Plant Based Pantry - December 23, 2018