These cucumber noodles were developed to perfection when I was teaching classes locally, here in San Diego. I wanted to develop a recipe that was unique, flavorful, and very easy to make. The Asian, or Thai sauce, goes perfectly with the crisp and fresh cucumber noodles. I know that zucchini noodles are all the rage, but move over – cucumber noodles are the next big thing, trust me!
The process of recipe creation is an exciting one. I actually make my best recipes in my sleep: I dream them up, all the flavor combining in my mind. Then I wake up, and immediately write down the ingredients quickly so that I don’t forget them. This is a truly creative process, but with raw vegan food it’s so easy. There is a specific easy formula that I use when I do this, and it can work for anyone!
Making your Own Vegan, Oil-Free Sauces
Knowing how to make your own oil-free vegan sauces is critical. Think of eating a plate of cucumber noodles and broccoli. And that’s it. Doesn’t sound so appealing, does it?
After years of eating a high-raw vegan diet, I came up with a very easy method for making my own sauces.
When you have an incredible sauce, like this raw vegan Asian, or Thai-inspired sauce, eating broccoli, kale, or any other vegetable, becomes exciting!
I teach my easy step-by-step method of how to make your food taste more delicious and nutritious in my online course, The Effortlessly Flavorful Vegan Kitchen.
Get a sneak peek into the course by downloading 3 of my most requested oil-free vegan dressings and sauces here. You can use these for salads, dipping veggies, bowls, lasagna, pasta, and so much more!
Get Rid of Oil, Improve Digestion
And why do I teach oil-free recipes? Because oil is one of the main reasons that many vegans still experience digestive issues. I explain all about this in this blog post.
Perhaps you are intimidated by the idea of getting rid of oil from your diet. I was too, when I decided to try it. Including oil in your diet can make you feel heavy and tires, or bogged down. I realized that I needed to change something about my diet to feel good again.
If you’re feeling tired, or experiencing digestive discomfort, getting rid of oil is definitely the first step. And there are many more things you can do – which I teach in my course. Don’t be intimidated by excluding oil from your diet – it’s quite easy, really.
Cucumber Noodles with a Creamy Asian Sauce
Making this recipe is really quick and easy. First, you will make your adorable and refreshing cucumber noodles.
It is really important to remember to place them in the fridge while you make your sauce so that they stay cold and do not drip out liquid. Cucumbers are extremely water-rich, and when you leave them out of the fridge they will start to “sweat”. You know, like us, on a hot day! Then, blend up your sauce, and add any vegetables you like on top. You can use tomatoes, red bell pepper, cauliflower, broccoli, or green onion, all sliced very thinly.
This process is all about having a simple, quick oil-free sauce to mix with your vegetables and give them flavor. Anything to make us eat more veggies, right?
Cucumber Noodles with a Creamy Asian Sauce
For the veggies
- 1-2 English cucumbers or 4 small cucumbers
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- For the sauce see ingredients here: http://soulintheraw.com/oil-free-vegan-sauces/
- First, spiralize your cucumbers. You can do this using any of the methods I describe here.
- After you make your cucumber noodles, make sure to place them in the fridge while you are making your sauce so that they don't release too much liquid, or "sweat".
- Then, make your sauce following the instructions in the downloadable PDF: http://soulintheraw.com/oil-free-vegan-sauces/
- Lastly, mix the cold noodles with about 4 tablespoons of the sauce (or as much as you want), and top with chopped broccoli. You can also use any other vegetables you like, such as mushrooms, tomatoes, bell pepper, green onion, etc. - all thinly chopped.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- Plant Based Diet Weight Loss: The Keys to Finally Losing Weight - July 6, 2019
- Soy Curls Recipe: Easy, Healthy Vegan Orange Chicken - June 23, 2019
- What to Eat on a Whole Food, Plant Based Diet and What to Exclude - June 18, 2019