I owe this INSANELY delicious gluten free dairy free pizza recipe recipe idea to this one. Of course I totally tweaked it and made it mine, but I believe all good recipes begin in collective minds, right?
So this genius gluten free dairy free pizza recipe uses the spongy texture of eggplant for bread. And it makes the perfect gluten free pizza dough.
I have looked for gluten-free pizza crusts that actually had good ingredients for quite a while. Let me tell you something – just because something says gluten-free, vegan, AND organic does not mean it’s healthy!
Now I know those are 3 labels (!!!) that sound so good… but still. I encourage all of you to always read every single ingredient on every single product you buy.
But when you are buying eggplant, it’s easy. You know exactly what it is.
And this gluten free dairy free pizza recipe recipe is just like that – it contains ingredients that you don’t need to guess about, because they all come from the earth. Don’t you love that? And when it tastes this amazing, there is absolutely 0 reasons to complain. Moreover, this gluten free dairy free pizza recipe is half raw and half cooked, which is my aim in many of my cooked vegan dishes, because I want to make sure to get in that raw food even when I’m making cooked comfort food.
Now, when you make this recipe, I want to see your photos! Head over to my very amazing free Facebook group Raw Souls and inspire us all with your creations. Or you can also tag me on instagram – @SoulintheRaw and #RawSouls. I’d love to repost your gorgeous photos.
Gluten-Free Oil-Free Baked Eggplant Mini Pizzas
For the crust
- 2 large Italian eggplants
- Chicken seasoning check the ingredients to see that it only contains herbs
For the cheese
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup sauerkraut juice or water if using water, be sure to add a bit extra salt to taste
- A pinch of black pepper
- 2/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tablespoons chickpea miso paste
- 1 red pepper seeded
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
For the tomato sauce
- 3 cups tomatoes of your choice chopped
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes soaked ahead of time for 30 minutes if very dry (make sure ingredients say only tomatoes and sea salt)
- 2 cloves garlic
- Italian herbs to taste
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup basil
- 1 date
For the crust
- Cut the eggplant into medium-thickness rounds (the thickness doesn't matter much, the thinner the quicker they'll cook).
- Lay them flat on a baking sheet, and sprinkle with chicken seasoning.
- Bake for about 15 minutes on 425, and stop when they start to turn slightly brown.
For the cheese+tomato sauce
- Blend all ingredients until smooth
- Take the eggplant out of the oven, smother with cheese, and bake for about 7-10 more minutes. Be careful not to burn. This is optional - you can also just eat the cheese uncooked.
- Then smother with raw tomato sauce, and top with black pepper and basil.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- 3 Tips that Make Living Plant Based so Easy, Delicious & Healthy - December 29, 2019
- Healthy Vegan Meals: 3 Easy Ideas for Every Meal of the Day, In Under 15 - October 13, 2019
- Healthy Vegan Lunch Ideas to Last You a Whole Week - August 4, 2019