Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel for weekly videos and in-depth recipes, vegan tips, and tutorials.
I am a firm believer that every single holiday should be both healthy and sweet! And therefore, I bring you these insanely healthy Halloween snacks that are everything you’d want for you and your kiddos and for yourself: they are delicious, healthy, easy to make, and decadent at the same time!
Now, whether you celebrate Halloween or not (I come from a country that does not, so I totally get if it sounds weird to you!) – I still highly recommend that you make these divine treats because they are perfect for devouring on a regular day too. Have a daily holiday in your mouth – why not?!?!
Read all the way until the end, because the last recipe (the 3-ingredient chocolate bliss balls) – is most definitely my favorite! Which one is yours?
Healthy Halloween Snacks and Healthy Holidays
There is this general agreement in our global culture that holidays are for binge-eating, and we must feel terrible after holiday meals. And this is relevant not only for Halloween, but for every holiday!
However, Halloween definitely takes the cake on this one as it is a holiday centered around eating candy.
My loves, I am not against the occasional treat. I am not all for permanent restriction and stressing about every bite of food.
And yet, I am a firm believer in feeling good after we eat, and that healthy food = delicious food.
Do you agree with me? Do you believe that it’s possible to enjoy healthy food that is also satisfying, in the same way as those junky Halloween candies? Let me know in the comments!
They often say that “nothing tastes as good as healthy feels”, which I get annoyed with because HEALTHY CAN BE TASTY TOO!
The truth is that the pride you feel in yourself when you choose to go for the healthy option (that is still incredibly yummy) will make you feel amazing! It will give you this high that you are seeking, replacing the high from junk food, and nourishing your body.
Part of this is saying NO. Saying no to the industry of junk food, and to the silly myth that you must eat raw carrots and broccoli to be healthy, and that this is the only option.
Today, please join me in breaking this myth, and enjoy these 3 incredible, nourishing, and decadent recipes that will take you minutes to make!
Healthy Halloween Snacks: Bloody Smoothie Bowl
Here is the truth: I am not a huge fun of beets. However, in this yummy and healthy Halloween snack smoothie bowl, you’ll never taste them – I promise! It totally tastes like candy, and looks beautiful too!
Bloody Smoothie Bowl
Healthy Halloween Snacks: Mango Bliss Balls
Mmm these mango bliss balls are creamy, sour and sweet! Skip the chili if you are serving it to your kiddos, and they are sure to love these!
Mango Bliss Balls
- Soak cashews in filtered water overnight.
- Rinse and drain cashews.
- Add dried mango to a food processor, and process until crumbly.
- Add rinsed cashews, and process again.
- Add orange zest, dates, coconut, and chili (optional), and process until the mixture sticks together.
- Take a small amount of the mixture (about 1 tablespoon), and roll it into a ball between the palms of your hands.
Healthy Halloween Snacks: 3-Ingredient Chocolate Bliss Balls
These 3-ingredient chocolate bliss balls are seriously the perfect healthy Halloween snack. They are so quick and easy to make, contain so much nutrition from the whole food ingredients, and are perfect for kids and adults alike. These might be my favorite of the three!
3-Ingredient Chocolate Bliss Balls
- Add rolled oats to a food processor, and process until flaked, but not yet a powder.
- Add dates and cacao, and continue to process until the mixture sticks together well. If it's not sticky enough, add a few more dates.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of the mixture, and roll into a ball between the palms of your hands.
Do you celebrate Halloween? What will you dress up as?
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- Healthy Vegan Lunch Ideas to Last You a Whole Week - August 4, 2019
- 1 Week of Healthy and Delicious Vegan Breakfast Meals - July 21, 2019
- Plant Based Diet Weight Loss: The Keys to Finally Losing Weight - July 6, 2019