Have I ever mentioned before that I am a crazy hummus lover? I believe so… hummus, to me, is about the crossing of cultures. It is a Palestinian food, where I come from, but has been appropriated by many Israelis and served in Israeli hummus joint as well. A stealing of culture, yes. I long for the day when we can have cultural exchanges, and food will become “ours”. When we can celebrate culture because it will become everyone’s. But that’s not until we work through our many, many problems back home.
And until then, I will present you with an amazing raw vegan hummus that tastes just like the real thing, and may I dare say, even better? This hummus is housed in none other than wrawp – a delicious, versatile, raw wrap that you can use for so many yummy things, and so quickly too! I love wrawps and get them as a treat every once in a while, because I don’t have a dehydrator and thus, lack the capability to make such wraps on my own. Plus, they do the best job at thinning the dough out to the point of perfection. Amazing!
Easy and Quick Raw Vegan Wrap
It’s very easy and quick to make your very own raw wraps. It took me 20 minutes to create this beautiful and delicious dish, and it is such a fun variation from my normal salad dinner. I hope you enjoy it too! And hey, if you do, I’d love it if you share this recipe with others! If you make this recipe, please tag me on instagram and facebook at @SoulintheRaw.
Rolling wrawps is very easy. It is just like a burrito. Just line all of your ingredients at the bottom of the wrap, keeping a small space for rolling, and roll easy. I like to eat them with a knife and fork so that my ingredients are not flying all over the place. (Can you tell by the photo that I always go overboard and put way too many ingredients in there? ;))
Make this amazing dish with me, step by step:
Mediterranean Wrap with Sundried Tomato Hummus Recipe
For the marinated veggies
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 sweet white onion
- 2 green onions
- 1 cup chopped sugar snap peas
- Plus any veggies of your choice
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos or use a squeeze of lemon and sea salt instead
For the greens
- 2 large handfuls baby arugula
For the hummus spread
- 2 tablespoons raw tahini
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes be sure they contain only tomatoes and salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro optional (replace with parsley if you're not a fan)
For the wraps
- Use a lettuce leaf chard leaf, or wrawp (get them here: http://wrawp.com/)
For the salad
- Chop up all veggies and place them in a container with the coconut aminos to marinate, while you make the other ingredients
For the hummus
- Blend all ingredients until completely smooth. Make sure to place the tomatoes at the bottom of the blender for easier blending.
- Place a handful of arugula about 2 inches from the bottom (narrow) side of a wrap. Place your marinated veggies on top, and a dollop of raw sundried tomato hummus all across. Roll tightly and enjoy.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- 3 Tips that Make Living Plant Based so Easy, Delicious & Healthy - December 29, 2019
- Healthy Vegan Meals: 3 Easy Ideas for Every Meal of the Day, In Under 15 - October 13, 2019
- Healthy Vegan Lunch Ideas to Last You a Whole Week - August 4, 2019