Have you ever used watercress?
It’s one of the #1 veggies on the ANDI score – meaning it has the most nutrients per calories! I have included it in my list of 10 Foods to Eat Every Single Day! Download this guide here:
This amazing green is very spicy and peppery, and I usually have a hard time enjoying it in my food. But what always goes well with spicy? Sweet!
I paired yummy butter leaf lettuce and watercress with a delicious maple-mustard dressing. Mustard is a cruciferous vegetable, and has a ton of nutrients as well. So you are getting a bomb of flavor and health in this 1 yummy salad. It’s extremely simple and quick to make too.
Spicy Sweet Nutrient-Rich Greens
- 1 cup chopped watercress
- 1 head butter leaf lettuce
- 3 medium cucumbers chopped
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons salsa of your choice make sure it has good ingredients; optional
- 2 tablespoons Eden organics brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
For the salad
- Chop all ingredients in a bowl
For the dressing
- Mix maple and mustard at the bottom of your salad bowl, and whisk with a fork or spoon until well combined. Toss well with salad ingredients.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- Plant Based Diet Weight Loss: The Keys to Finally Losing Weight - July 6, 2019
- Soy Curls Recipe: Easy, Healthy Vegan Orange Chicken - June 23, 2019
- What to Eat on a Whole Food, Plant Based Diet and What to Exclude - June 18, 2019