Sometimes, the simple things in life taste much better than the complicated. And that is how I feel about my fruity smoothie bowls, which have been my go to lunch for quite a while now. The more simple they are, the better they taste! Naked fruit is always the most
And a note about intuitive eating: I am often surrounded by massive amounts of really ripe, beautiful smelling fruit that I really want to eat. I look around me, and want to eat everything! I have a hard time deciding what it is that I will enjoy that given moment. Grateful for the abundance of living food in my home, yet wanting to eat exactly the right thing at the right time for my body, rather than overeating.
I am very involved with my food, as it is part of my job, and I am also very creative with food. I love preparing meals, rather than just having plain fruit,
Download the FREE Whole Food Plant-Based Meal Plan
Want more smoothie recipes, and other vegan breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas? This amazing, 2-week meal plan will completely fulfill your every craving! Download the meal plan here.
Raw Vegan Acai Bowl
Acai bowls have been popular in cafes for a while now, and it’s a lot of fun to buy one every once in a while. But making your own is much cheaper and quicker. This acai bowl is my go to – and you can feel free to play around and add more ingredients. The toppings are always fun to play around with too – so this is definitely not a rigid recipe. Those toppings look to me like the jewels on an expensive crown, decorating it with their spark and shine. Very poetic way of looking at acai bowl toppings, I know. But would you look at them? Just gorgeous.
Another part of intuitive eating is to really observe your food and how beautiful and life-giving it is. Get involved with it emotionally, and really feel how it adds to your health. This will really help you become more conscious as you eat, and eat exactly the right amount for your body mindfully.
Sweet Indulgence Acai Bowl
For the base
- 1 packet acai (100 grams frozen acai)
- 1/4 cup Harmless Harvest coconut water
- 3 ripe frozen bananas
For the toppings
- Blend all ingredients until absolutely smooth, and decorate with toppings to your liking. Feel free to add the toppings you have on hand, such as goji berries, other freeze dried fruit, raisins, or anything jewel-like 😉
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- Vegan Pantry Staples: Get Started on a Plant Based Diet with this List - March 17, 2019
- Plant Based Diet Weight Loss: The Vegan Meal Prep Plan - March 14, 2019
- Weight Loss on a Plant Based Diet: Your Step by Step Guide - March 10, 2019