Raw vegan banana ice cream, also known as ice cream, is one of the most genius inventions. A raw vegan ice cream is so incredibly delicious, and is the perfect post-workout meal, especially if you add some greens into it. I am known to enjoy this daily, even in winter with my heater on. It’s a great way to get some much needed calories (about 700 in this case), amazing flavor, and tons of nutrients! In fact, I got over 50% of my daily nutrients in just this one meal of ice cream today!!!
In addition, raw vegan banana ice cream is an awesome replacement for dairy, because dairy actually depletes our body of calcium, and is extremely acidic on the body. On the other hand, conventional dairy is full of antibiotics, and is pasteurized so it is really hard on your digestion.
Here’s a great recipe you will enjoy, and it only takes 10 minutes to make.
- 1-2 cups frozen sour cherries preferably organic
- 1 cup organic frozen strawberries
- 3-5 medium bananas ripe, peeled, and frozen
- 5 small dates or 3 Medjoul dates
- A splash of pure vanilla extract optional
- 1/4 cup of coconut water or plain water
To get the coconut water out, slice off the bottom part of the coconut (the white husk). You will then see that the coconut has a soft covering exactly in the middle. That is a hole that you can pierce very easily with a knife, and get the water out without having to hack open the whole thing.
Place coconut water or regular water, dates, vanilla, bananas, cherries, and strawberries in a high speed blender, and blend until extremely smooth.
Then place ice cream into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings, or those suggested above.
Freeze-dried fruit like strawberries or raspberries, or any other berry you like;
goji berries - for that mega dose of Vitamin C, which we lose when we stress out!
And of course, 1 tablespoon of spirulina powder
Raw Vegan Banana Ice Cream Recipes Ebook
If you want 26 more raw vegan banana ice cream recipes, you can grab my ebook here.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- Vegan Pantry Staples: Get Started on a Plant Based Diet with this List - March 17, 2019
- Plant Based Diet Weight Loss: The Vegan Meal Prep Plan - March 14, 2019
- Weight Loss on a Plant Based Diet: Your Step by Step Guide - March 10, 2019