Raw Vegan Blue Cheese
I used to love blue cheese, despite its awful smell. If you’ve been a reader of my blog for long enough, I am sure you know about my undying love of cheese. And how hard it was to get over this difficult addiction. But this raw vegan blue cheese recipe is nothing like its stinky version. It is absolutely delicious, and provides you with lots of nutrients. If you are a cheese lover, you must check out my perfect raw vegan cheese making recipe.
Not only will we be making blue cheese, but we will then use it to stuff peppers with. You can really use this recipe to stuff anything, and it will still turn out perfectly delicious!
Raw Vegan Blue Cheese Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
For the blue cheese
- 4 tablespoons of your favorite nuts pine, macadamia, or cashews
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 of a shallot or onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of spirulina powder
- 1/4 cup water use as little as possible
For the peppers
- Mini peppers
- Blend all cheese ingredients, except spirulina, in a high speed blender, until completely smooth.
- Fold in spirulina, mixing it in to achieve the blue cheese look.
- Stuff mini peppers with the cheese mixture. If you wish, you can dehydrate these for about 4 hours. You can also turn your oven on the lowest possible setting, and keep its door slightly open, and "dehydrate" that way.
If you have left-over cheese, you can use them in many other recipes. You can stuff other vegetables with them (such as Portobello mushrooms), use as a dip for veggies, or put them on top of raw crackers. The possibilities are endless. Get creative!
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- Plant Based Diet Weight Loss: The Keys to Finally Losing Weight - July 6, 2019
- Soy Curls Recipe: Easy, Healthy Vegan Orange Chicken - June 23, 2019
- What to Eat on a Whole Food, Plant Based Diet and What to Exclude - June 18, 2019