When I started my raw vegan journey, I was always looking for mock recipes for things that I used to love. The biggest one was always anything cheesy. Hence, the creation of this raw vegan cheese sauce.
My clients often remark that they are in love with cheese and could never give it up; they say they are addicted to cheese, and I completely understand them! I was exactly the same way for many years. I had the intention to stop eating cheese, because I knew how harmful it was for my health, for the environment, and for the animals.
Here’s a wonderful article that explains the environmental impact of dairy: http://www.motherjones.com/blue-marble/2011/08/your-cheese-killing-planet.
Nutritionally, dairy depletes our body of calcium. It is extremely acidic and causes our bone calcium to come to the rescue. Calcium is an alakaline mineral used to alkalize our blood if we eat an acidic meal.
If you understand the harms of dairy, it will become easier to let go of the addiction. And in the meantime, please try this incredible recipe for raw vegan cheese sauce, which you can use as a dip for your broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, onion, and any other veggie really. Or you can use it as a sauce for your mac and cheese! The options are endless!
Raw Vegan Cheese Sauce
- 2 tablespoons raw tahini
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 7 baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon ume plum vinegar if you don't have this, you can replace with ACV and a pinch of salt
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- 1 cup organic raw corn you can use frozen corn as well, or right off the cob
- 5 large cherry tomatoes
- Blend all ingredients together until very smooth and enjoy. You can let sauce stand for a bit to thicken, as the chia seeds will absorb some of the liquids.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- Jackfruit Recipe: Vegan Mediterranean Jackfruit Bowl - April 21, 2019
- Going Vegan Healthily: Tips from My Journey + Lessons and Mistakes - April 7, 2019
- How to Eat More Vegetables: Tips, Recipes and Ideas - March 31, 2019