This delicious and very simple raw vegan chocolate mousse recipe uses avocados to create a creamy, delicious and decadent dessert that you can make literally in minutes.
Raw Vegan Chocolate Mousse: Avocados as the New Butter
Who needs butter when we have avocados? The first time my partner and I brought raw vegan food to his parents’ house, it was avocado mousse or pudding.
They tasted it, shook their heads, and asked, “so, what’s in this?”
Granted, people need to be mentally prepared for their butter to turn green. But when they are, avocados become their favorite butter replacement.
You can replace any animal product or cooked recipe with raw food with texture and flavor. In this case, avocados have the perfect texture to become the butter of this amazing recipe. Try it, you won’t be disappointed!
- 1-2 tablespoon carob powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 very soft and ripe avocados of any kind
- 1/4 cup water
Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until very smooth and creamy.
Blend until no avocado chunks appear.
Then add some poppy seeds, coconut flakes (unsweetened), and cardamom/cinnamon.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- Vegan Pantry Staples: Get Started on a Plant Based Diet with this List - March 17, 2019
- Plant Based Diet Weight Loss: The Vegan Meal Prep Plan - March 14, 2019
- Weight Loss on a Plant Based Diet: Your Step by Step Guide - March 10, 2019