Raw Vegan Chocolate Smoothie: an All-Fruit Treat
This raw vegan chocolate smoothie is extremely creamy, rich and delicious. But without the crazy ingredients and empty calories of a chocolate milkshake. It is entirely made up of fruit, and is therefore insanely good for you. You can have this raw vegan chocolate smoothie for breakfast, and feel very proud of yourself for serving your body well.
Simple foods are always best for the body. They provide us with nourishment, yet do not overwork our digestive system to process it. Therefore, we easily absorb the nutrients and end up getting much more than with complicated foods.
This easy raw vegan chocolate smoothie contains delicious fruit. It is naturally sweetened with dates, and has carob powder as chocolate. Carob powder is a low-fat option for chocolate, as it is made from the pods of the carob tree. We are also adding cinnamon powder to balance blood sugar.
Simple Raw Vegan Chocolate Smoothie
- 5 bananas you can use frozen for an even creamier smoothie
- 10 small dates or 5 large ones – if your dates are drier, then soak them beforehand
- Pinch of cinnamon to balance blood sugar
- 3-4 Tablespoons of carob powder
- 1-2 cups of water depending on desired texture
- Place all ingredients in your blender and blend.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- Healthy Vegan Lunch Ideas to Last You a Whole Week - August 4, 2019
- 1 Week of Healthy and Delicious Vegan Breakfast Meals - July 21, 2019
- Plant Based Diet Weight Loss: The Keys to Finally Losing Weight - July 6, 2019