Celebrating the Raw Vegan Way
We love celebrating the coming of Friday night, or as we call it, Shabbat, in nature. We take our giant salad bowls outside, enjoy the last bit of sun, and finally the sunset. It’s so beautiful to eat natural food when you are in nature – it makes me feel extremely connected and grounds me in the reasons for why I am a raw vegan. It makes me feel more and more connected with myself, nature, the animals, and all living beings on this planet. This connection is growing deeper and deeper as I open my heart’s doors and let my guards down.
For me, allowing my heart to open is very difficult. Though I am an extremely caring and loving person, I fear allowing others to love me back, or showing them my vulnerabilities. I don’t think that on the outside, the way I behave differs too much from my real self. It is just those secret insecurities, pains, and tears that I hide. I find it easier to talk about pain than to show it. Have you ever felt that way?
Look at this glorious photo, where you can literally see the redness of the hiding sun shine upon my salad and blessing it. How lucky we are that our bodies lovingly take in this food, and that we are used to eating this way. I am thankful every day, and I wake up by giving gratitude to the tiniest things, like my bed, my appliances, my home, and the biggest things, like my wonderful partner, my family, my loving friends, and all those people I meet that I have a connection with. I am also very thankful for the abundance of food and produce that I have access to.
Oil Free Raw Vegan Salad Dressings, Dips, and Sauces
Food is medicine, and allowing it to heal us can be a daily practice. Something that really helps me in this practice is that I have learned how to accentuate my food to make it very lovely tasting to my palette. I do this by knowing how to combine flavors and textures right into a salad dressing that will make my lettuce and vegetables taste even more amazing. This allows me to enjoy my salad as a MEAL tremendously! I want to teach you how to do the same, and that is why I have created my guide on salad dressings, dips and sauces, which you can download FREE here:
And now, let’s get back to our sunshine-filled and nutrient rich salad. This was absolutely delicious, so let’s go and make it.
Raw Vegan Dilly Curry-Tahini Salad
For the salad
- 1 head of lettuce chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 sweet white onion diced
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped
- 2 Persian cucumbers chopped
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 medium zucchini
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon herbamare salt
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- a splash of water
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or to taste
For the salad
- Chop all of the vegetables and place them in a bowl.
For the dressing
- Combine all ingredients besides dill in a blender with just enough water to blend.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- If you are not using a high speed blender, mill your chia seeds in a coffee grinder first so that they are broken down.
- Place in a bowl and mix with the fresh chopped dill.
- Mix with the salad and enjoy.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- Plant Based Diet Weight Loss: The Keys to Finally Losing Weight - July 6, 2019
- Soy Curls Recipe: Easy, Healthy Vegan Orange Chicken - June 23, 2019
- What to Eat on a Whole Food, Plant Based Diet and What to Exclude - June 18, 2019