What I absolutely love about raw food is the ability to create raw vegan junk food. Raw food allows us to turn our favorite junk food dishes into healthy, vegetable-rich meals! This Raw Vegan French Fries with Spicy Mayo Recipe allows you to satisfy that junk food craving, while getting your nutrients in at the same time.
Raw Vegan French Fries Recipe
For this raw vegan french fries recipe, you can use any white root vegetable. I used kohlrabi, but other options are daikon radishes, turnip, jicama, etc. Just don’t use potatoes, of course, as potatoes cannot be eaten raw.
- 2 root vegetable bulbs
- A pinch of paprika or smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Chili flakes optional, for spicy lovers
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
First, cut up the vegetable into thin chips.
To do this, cut thin round circles. Then take each circle, and lay it flat on your cutting board. Cut into thin, long strips.
Next, put in a big bowl or glass dish.
Lastly, season with seasonings, and allow to marinate. The longer the better (minimum 1 hour).
Raw Vegan Spicy Mayo Dip Recipe
Don’t get scared folks – our raw vegan mayo is green. But this does not impact the taste – it is still just as creamy, delicious, and has that same mouth feel of mayo. And the best part is – you do not even need a blender for this recipe. Use it as a dip, sauce, or even salad dressing.
- 1 very ripe avocado
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard spice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper optional
First, mash avocado with lemon juice.
Next, use your fork or a whisk to beat the mixture together, until very smooth.
Lastly, add other spices and mix well.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- Is Eating Vegan Healthy for Everyone? - December 9, 2018
- Healthy Habits for a New You in the New Year - December 2, 2018
- Vegan Dinner Recipes: 1 Week of Whole Food Plant Based Dinner Ideas - November 25, 2018