This vegan cauliflower alfredo is one of the most delicious dishes I have ever created, truly! It is creamy, satisfying, and grounding. And of course, dairy free.
I absolutely love creating my dishes through inspiration – by whatever it is I have sitting in the fridge that needs to be used up. In this case, it’s leftover cauliflower from when my best friend was visiting. She loves cauliflower, but I believe I
So there, in the corner of my fridge, sat a very lonely cauliflower that was waiting to be used. I’ve made another recipe using cauliflower cheese before
Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo: Raw Vegan Fusion
I decided to steam the cauliflower, and this totally transformed the texture of my sauce. It made a creamy, velvety sauce that requires little fat to be delicious. You really gotta try this recipe – it is now officially a family favorite for us.
Just remember to eat a huge bowl of this stuff to be totally happy and full. A 1-zucchini dish just won’t do it for this one. You can also use kelp noodles, or other veggies that lend well to be used for pasta. I made this fun dish on Facebook live, and you can make it together with me here:
Raw Vegan Fusion Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta
For the pasta
- 4 very small or 2 medium zucchinis
For the pasta
- Use a Borner Julienne Grater to make noodles out of your zucchinis. If you don't have those gadgets, you can also use a regular potato peeler to make noodles by simply peeling the zucchinis - the peels are your noodles.
For the sauce
- Steam the cauliflower for about 20 minutes, or until soft.
- Place steamed cauliflower in a large bowl of cold water to cool.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Place the cauliflower first in the blender to make blending easier.
- Mix the noodles with the sauce, and garnish with extra black pepper, and some heirloom tomatoes and mixed greens if you like.