Nut Free Raw Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce
If you are looking for a fat free raw vegan nacho cheese sauce, this cheese is your best bet. It’s extremely creamy, but still does not require nuts or seeds. The star ingredient in this raw vegan nacho cheese sauce is corn. You can use frozen corn for the recipe (just know that it is not entirely raw – the corn is cooked before it is frozen). Or, you can use fresh corn and just take it off the cob.
Either way, this recipe is absolutely delicious and very creamy. Let’s get into it!
Raw Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 1 ear of corn to take it off the cob, hold the corn perpendicularly, and simple scrape it off with a knife; try to buy organic
- Handful of cherry tomatoes or 1 large tomato
- 1 small red or yellow pepper
- 1 spicy red pepper optional, for spice lovers
- Juice of half a lemon about 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- A pinch of salt
- Blend until very smooth.
- If you use frozen corn, make sure to blend extra time to allow the sauce to get warmer, or at least room temperature.
- Sprinkle with your favorite spices, like chili powder.
- Enjoy with your favorite raw vegan flax crackers, or with vegetable sticks.
*Much of our corn today is GMO, so really make an effort to buy it organic.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- Jackfruit Recipe: Vegan Mediterranean Jackfruit Bowl - April 21, 2019
- Going Vegan Healthily: Tips from My Journey + Lessons and Mistakes - April 7, 2019
- How to Eat More Vegetables: Tips, Recipes and Ideas - March 31, 2019