Even kale haters will love this delicious raw vegan sweet mustard kale salad. This salad, served with coconut bacon, combines many different flavors including both sweet and sour. While kale can be very bitter, combined with this dressing, it becomes very delicious to enjoy. If you allow the kale to marinate in the dressing, it will become even more tender and soft.
10 Foods We Should Eat Every Single Day
This salad includes 2 cruciferous vegetables: kale and mustard. These vegetables are extremely beneficial for cancer prevention, and many other things. Cruciferous vegetables are one category of vegetables I recommend consuming every single day! To learn about the other 9 categories, download my free PDF: 10 Foods We Should Eat Every Single Day:
- 1-2 bunches of kale
- 1 bell pepper
- 4-5 to matoes
- 1 large cucumber
- Coconut meat bits recipe follows
- Easy mustard dressing recipe follows
- Thick coconut meat from half a young thai coconut
- Coconut aminos enough to cover sliced coconut
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar
- A pinch of paprika
- 1 tablespoon Eden organics brown mustard
- 3 large dates
Chop up the kale into very small pieces, removing the leaves from the stem and tearing the leaves with your hand, or a knife.
Discard the stem, or use in your juice.
Chop the tomatoes, bell pepper, and cucumber.
Scoop out the coconut meat from the young thai coconut, trying to scoop the entire piece at once.
Slice into thin strips, and let sit in coconut aminos+coconut sugar+paprika mixture on a sunny window, or just indoors.
I let mine sit for an entire day, but it's up to you.
You can dehydrate this for a few hours, but it's not necessary.
*I make lots of this and store it in the fridge to use in different salads.
Blend until completely smooth and creamy.
Pour dressing over the salad and add coconut bacon.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- Healthy Vegan Twix Recipe: Date-Sweetened, Oil-Free - December 10, 2017
- Easy Vegan Recipes: Vegan What I Eat in a Busy Day - December 3, 2017
- Vegan Hacks: My Fave 10 Healthy Vegan Cooking Hacks for Busy People - November 26, 2017