The Hydration Power of Cucumbers
Cucumbers are a wonderful food: they are so hydrating, and full of silica. Silica is absolutely wonderful for your skin. Cucumbers are great mixed into juices and smoothies, as well as in hydrating salads. This raw vegan Thai cucumber salad is very refreshing and cooling.
I always wanted to find a recipe that mocks the sweet and sour refreshing Thai cucumber salad I used to eat at Thai restaurants. I wanted alight, Asian version of this dish, with as little processed ingredients as possible. This raw vegan Thai cucumber salad was an immediate hit! Spicy, sweet, and oh so refreshing.
Raw Vegan Thai Cucumber Salad Recipe
For the base
- 5 Persian cucumbers julienned or made into noodles
For the dressing
- 4-6 chillies depending on your preferred spiciness
- 3 cloves of garlic
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Julienne your cucumbers with a julienne peeler, or make them into noodles with a Borner julienne or spiralizer.
- Make sure to place your sliced cucumbers in the fridge. They will become soggy and lose flavor if left outside.
- Blend all sauce ingredients.
- Lastly, toss cold cucumbers with the sauce.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- 3 Tips that Make Living Plant Based so Easy, Delicious & Healthy - December 29, 2019
- Healthy Vegan Meals: 3 Easy Ideas for Every Meal of the Day, In Under 15 - October 13, 2019
- Healthy Vegan Lunch Ideas to Last You a Whole Week - August 4, 2019