The Hydration Power of Cucumbers
Cucumbers are a wonderful food: they are so hydrating, and full of silica. Silica is absolutely wonderful for your skin. Cucumbers are great mixed into juices and smoothies, as well as in hydrating salads. This raw vegan Thai cucumber salad is very refreshing and cooling.
I always wanted to find a recipe that mocks the sweet and sour refreshing Thai cucumber salad I used to eat at Thai restaurants. I wanted alight, Asian version of this dish, with as little processed ingredients as possible. This raw vegan Thai cucumber salad was an immediate hit! Spicy, sweet, and oh so refreshing.
- 5 Persian cucumbers, julienned or made into noodles
- 4-6 chillies (depending on your preferred spiciness)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Julienne your cucumbers with a julienne peeler, or make them into noodles with a Borner julienne or spiralizer.
- Make sure to place your sliced cucumbers in the fridge. They will become soggy and lose flavor if left outside.
- Blend all sauce ingredients.
- Lastly, toss cold cucumbers with the sauce.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes: 3 Easy Thanksgiving Dinner Ideas - November 19, 2017
- Easy One Pot Meals: Vegan Cauliflower Lentil Stew with Tzatziki Recipe - November 12, 2017
- Baked Tofu Recipe: Easy, Healthy Oil-Free Vegan Tofu - November 5, 2017