For those of you who are following me on instagram, you will know how much I love enjoying a daily smoothie bowl! Cold, delicious, and so perfect for summer mornings or post-workout meals.
While I have experimented with my fair share of smoothie bowl recipes, I have recently come up with a combination that includes all of the elements that I love to eat and nourish my body with.
A perfect smoothie bowl should have fruit (fresh and frozen), greens, some kind of plant-based fat in small amounts, and turmeric and black pepper. This combination is especially perfect after a work out, because it helps to reduce inflammation and prevent infections, which can be caused by working out hard.
Smoothie Bowl vs. Smoothie
People often ask me why I prefer smoothie bowls over smoothies. This is because smoothie bowls are eaten with a spoon. This is really great as many people tend to gulp down smoothie bowls without chewing. Chewing is the process by which we begin digestion, and so it is really important to chew your smoothies.
When you make a smoothie bowl, it will be a bit more dense and less liquidy than a smoothie. We do this simply by adding less liquid to it.
They take the same time to prepare, but smoothie bowls take just a little longer to consume, as you chew through them.
And the best part? All of the amazing toppings you can put on top of your smoothie bowl! They make this a crunchy, creamy cold delight that is even more fun to eat. It combines so many different textures and flavors, I just love it!
Summer Smoothie Bowl Recipe
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 2 frozen ripe bananas
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1 cup orange juice
- Use any you like. I like shredded coconut cacao nibs, dried mulberries, and cut up fresh fruit
- First, freeze your bananas by peeling ripe bananas and placing in your freezer.
- To make the smoothie bowl, add all of the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Make sure to start with fresh, not frozen ingredients, because this will make the blender blend better.
- Top with your favorite toppings.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- Healthy Vegan Meals: 3 Easy Ideas for Every Meal of the Day, In Under 15 - October 13, 2019
- Healthy Vegan Lunch Ideas to Last You a Whole Week - August 4, 2019
- 1 Week of Healthy and Delicious Vegan Breakfast Meals - July 21, 2019