St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect time to celebrate the best food color: green. Green leafy vegetables and herbs like lettuce, kale, arugula, dandelion, chives, green onions, and many more, have been found to be extremely powerful in preventing and treating disease. One of the ways people were able to reverse things like cancer and diabetes, was through green juice fasts. Greens have a ton of vitamins and minerals, and are very nourishing to the body. This is why I love this St. Patrick’s Day salad recipe. It contains both leafy greens, and a green herb-infused salad dressing.
I also love this St. Patrick’s Day salad because it is super flavorful, beautiful, and great for you. It’s a celebration of many different herbs that go very well together. Don’t underestimate the power of these herbs – these traditionally-used garnishes are actually powerhouses of nutrition and disease prevention. Dill, for example, is a wonderful digestive aid. Not only is this salad packed with leafy greens, it also provides you with omega 3 fatty acids, essential particularly for plant-based eaters. If you have this as a meal, make sure to eat a lot of it to get all the calories you need.
- 1 tablespoon raw tahini
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds grind after measuring out
- 1 small zucchini
- Juice of 1 large lemon + 1/2 a lime
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper deseed and core for less heat
- 1/2 cup water or more if you like a thinner dressing
- .5 pounds spring mix or baby lettuce mix
- .5 pounds baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons thinly chopped dill
Blend all ingredients until smooth.
Mix dressing and salad ingredients very well until well combined. Sprinkle with chipotle powder.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- Healthy Vegan Twix Recipe: Date-Sweetened, Oil-Free - December 10, 2017
- Easy Vegan Recipes: Vegan What I Eat in a Busy Day - December 3, 2017
- Vegan Hacks: My Fave 10 Healthy Vegan Cooking Hacks for Busy People - November 26, 2017