Vegan Tahini Salad Dressing Recipe Video:
If you’re not a huge fan of vegetables on their own, but you know that salads will completely transform your health and give you so much more energy, then this vegan tahini salad dressing recipe is absolutely for you!
Recently, my close to 80-year-old grandmother moved in to live with my family, and agreed to try out a plant-based diet. I have done massive research for her via reading Dr. Neal Barnard’s incredible book about reversing diabetes, which she suffers from, and couldn’t be more excited!
A big bump on this road is that my grandmother is not the biggest fan of vegetables, and wasn’t really enjoying the simple vegetable dishes that my mom was preparing for her.
In order to spark her love for healthy food and phytonutrients, I made her several sauces and dressings, and placed them in the freezer. Her response: “it’s so different with sauces!”
This tahini salad dressing will do the same for you, I have no doubt about it! Whether you love veggies or hate them, adding this dressing so your salad will magically make you eat 10 times more healthy, fiber-rich vegetables without even trying!
My favorite part about this awesome tahini salad dressing is that you don’t need any equipment at all to make it – just a bowl and a fork. It comes together in minutes, and uses up ingredients you most likely have on hand. And if you don’t – go out and get them because you’ll be wanting to use them in more and more recipes afterwards!
If you love oil-free, no blender salad dressings, I am sure you’ll love this one too: Creamy, Oil-Free Whisked Cashew Dressing
Whisked Tahini Salad Dressing Recipe
Tahini Salad Dressing
- 2 tablespoons tahini (be sure to get this brand because it's the sweetest one I've found)
- 1/2 orange
- 1 tablespoon tamari, reduced sodium
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons coconut vinegar
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Add tahini and fresh juice from 1/2 orange into a small bowl, and whisk using a fork or a small whisk.
- Add tamari and coconut vinegar, and whisk again until everything is well incorporated.
- Grate fresh ginger using a grater, add to the bowl, and whisk again.
- Add cayenne (optional), and whisk to combine.
- Use on any salad of your choice.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- 3 Tips that Make Living Plant Based so Easy, Delicious & Healthy - December 29, 2019
- Healthy Vegan Meals: 3 Easy Ideas for Every Meal of the Day, In Under 15 - October 13, 2019
- Healthy Vegan Lunch Ideas to Last You a Whole Week - August 4, 2019