Soul in the Raw Classes and Website
Terms of Service and Refund Policy
I am ecstatic that you are considering joining one of Soul in the Raw’s Classes. Please take a moment ro read the following important terms of service before partaking in this magical journey.
- Attendance in Soul in the Raw classes is limited, and classes fill up quickly. I require full payment for classes to hold your space, either by credit or debit card, or by cash, if the client chooses to meet with me ahead of time and pay cash. Payment details depend on the class you sign up for, and are explained in detail on each class’s relevant page.
- If participants are unable to attend class for any reason, they will not be refunded.
- If less than 3 participants sign up for class, it will be cancelled, and all those who signed up will be refunded.
- If class was cancelled by Soul in the Raw, participants can choose one of two options: either to be fully refunded for that class, or to attend the same exact class at another date.
- Liability Waiver. The use of cooking utensils, including sharp instruments and equipment like knives and slicers can make cooking dangerous. Soul in the Raw will not be held responsible for any loss, injury or damage, to participants, or their property, due to any act or omission by the participants themselves or by Soul in the Raw. In case of accidental injury, self-service First Aid will be readily available.
- In consideration of being permitted to participate in Soul in the Raw classes, the student, in full recognition and appreciation of the dangers and risks inherent in such activities, do hereby waive, release, and forever discharge Soul in the Raw from and against any and all claims, demands, action or causes of action for costs, expenses or damages to personal property or personal injury, or death, which may result from my participation in these activities.
- I understand and admit that my participation in Soul in the Raw’s cooking classes is voluntary. I assume full responsibility for any injuries or damages resulting from my participation in this program including responsibility for using reasonable judgment in all phases of participation of the program and travel to and from the cooking location. I recognize and understand that the activities may be hazardous, that my participation is solely at my own risk, and that I assume full responsibility for any resulting injuries and damages. I also understand that this Waiver of Liability and Release binds my heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns as well as myself.
- Photo and Appearance Release. Soul in the Raw reserves the right to take photographic or ﬁlm records of any of its programs, and may use any such photographic or ﬁlm records for promotional and/or commercial purposes without any remuneration to the student/participant. The student agrees to assign all unlimited rights, title and interest they may have in or to any media in which their name or likeness might be used to Soul in the Raw.
- Film/Photo Release. As a participant in Soul in the Raw’s classes you may be filmed or photographed. For good and valuable consideration, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, I authorize Soul in the Raw to make use of my appearance as captured during the class.
- Students are not allowed to record or video tape the class.
- Food Safety. Participants must follow all food safety guidelines provided by Soul in the Raw throughout the class. To prevent foodborne illness, participants experiencing or have been exposed to any communicable diseases including cold, flu, etc. should not be handling and/or preparing food and thus, should not attend cooking classes. For more food safety information, please visit www.homefoodsafety.org or http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/hd/food/.
- Food Allergies and Dietary Restrictions. The food items that will be prepared draw from vegan and raw food groups. It is your responsibility to alert Soul in the Raw about any allergies you may have AHEAD OF CLASS TIME. Class registration confirms your acknowledgment and acceptance of the potential risks associated with food allergies and dietary restrictions and holds harmless Soul in the Raw for any loss, injury or damage, due to allergic reactions that participant may suffer while attending our classes.
- Consumption of Meals on Premises and Leftovers. Participants take full responsibility and liability for consuming food items prepared during class. For liability purposes, participants are discouraged from taking home/removing leftover food items that were prepared during the class from the premises. However, if participants elect to do so, participants will assume all responsibility and liability for the proper transporting, storage, and/or reheating of these food items. For more food safety information, please visit www.homefoodsafety.org or http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/hd/food/.
- Class registration confirms your acknowledgment and acceptance of the potential risks associated with consumption of meals prepared during class and taking home or removing leftover food items from the premises and holds harmless Soul in the Raw for any loss, injury or damage, to participants due to such action by participants.
- Soul in the Raw reserves the right to terminate the training of any student at any time for misconduct, theft, use of alcohol or drugs, disruptive behavior, or other reasons, as they in their discretion shall think ﬁt.
- Smoking is not allowed in class, including the patio area.
- Cellular phones must either be turned “off” or placed on their “vibrate” function at all times while class is in session.
- Children cannot be accommodated in Soul in the Raw’s classes at this time.
- Please make sure you arrive by the designated time each day. There is a lot of material to cover. If you do arrive late, best efforts will be made to answer any questions, but please gather information from your course guide and classmates.
- Soul in the Raw reserves the right to substitute ingredients and menu items, as well as change class content. Every effort will be made to stay true to the originally advertised menu.
- For safety purposes, students are discouraged from wearing high heels or open- toed sandals. Your safety is important. Long hair should be tied back, and short hair must be contained.
- Marina Yanay-Triner is the sole owner of all course materials, recipes, and intellectual property. Marina’s/Soul in the Raw’s materials can not be used unless permissions are requested and granted in writing.
- When using class equipment owned by Soul in the Raw, Client agrees to replace equipment (should something breaks while in Client’s use)with the same brand/model as the equipment he/she broke.
- Disclaimer: The information contained on this Website is for educational purposes only and is not meant to help, treat, or diagnose illness. The information shared through this site is based on Chef Renee’s own knowledge and personal experience. You should always seek the advice of a health care professional before making any changes to your diet. Soul in the Raw is NOT a medical doctor and offers no medical advice.
Thank you for visiting, and I look forward to meeting you at one of my classes!
Soul in the Raw