Turmeric is an incredibly powerful anti-inflammatory spice that is also very delicious, and gives recipes a beautiful golden color. Today, I want to share 3 delicious turmeric recipes with you that you can incorporate into breakfast, lunch, dinner and even snacks to boost the inflammation fighting power of your body.
I started using turmeric because I discovered that it would help me fight the terrible physical pain I was experiencing frequently. You can read more about this here.
While a whole food plant based diet is very powerful for fighting inflammation in the body, sometimes it may not be enough. After I started consuming just 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric daily, miracles happened! I felt a huge difference.
Watch these turmeric recipes on video:
Turmeric Recipes: A Few Tips on Consuming Turmeric
In order to increase turmeric absorption, make sure to:
- Consume turmeric with black pepper
- Eat turmeric with a bit of fat, as turmeric is fat soluble
- Combine turmeric with Quercetin, a flavonoid that helps inhibit the enzyme that inactivated the active compound in turmeric (curcumin). Quercetin-rich foods include onions, capers, apples, red grapes, citrus, and more
- Gently heat turmeric for DNA-protecting benefits, and eat raw for anti-inflammatory benefits
For more information about turmeric, its important as an anti-inflammatory, and additional recipes, click here.
Turmeric Recipes: Turmeric Goji Berry Smoothie
This delicious and quick smoothie is packed with nutrients, and combines turmeric with a touch of fat and a source of Quercetin for extra absorption!
Turmeric Goji Berry Smoothie
- Blend until completely smooth and enjoy with a spoon as a smoothie bowl, or by sipping. Remember to always chew your smoothies, as digestion begins in the mouth.
Turmeric Recipes: Coconut-Turmeric Salad Dressing
I made this insanely delicious coconut-turmeric salad dressing, and fell in love! My favorite part about it is that it can be made really easily by just whisking the ingredients together in a bowl, and takes a few minutes to make. It is such a delicious accompaniment to any green leaves and grains.
If you like this salad dressing, be sure to check out my 3 free oil-free vegan salad dressings and sauces that make any salad a taste sensation here.
Coconut-Turmeric Salad Dressing
- There are two ways to do this. If you use a blender, place all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- If you don’t want to wash extra dishes, place coconut butter, tamari, orange juice, and water in a bowl and whisk together vigorously. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well again.
Turmeric Recipes: Turmeric Quinoa Tacos
I admit, these tacos as a mish-mash of cultures, but what matters is that they are absolutely delicious! They combine this delicious quinoa taco meat that is very simple to make yet very hearty, with a yummy spicy cilantro cashew sauce. A heavenly combination!
Turmeric Quinoa Tacos
- 1 cup quinoa soaked overnight in filtered water for 8 hours, then drain and rinse very well
- 2 cups water
- 1.5 cups frozen organic corn
- 2 cups frozen string beans
- ½ large sweet white onion
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- A few pinches of black pepper
For the filling
- Chop the sweet onion, and place on a very hot none-stick skillet. Cook for 10 minutes, until it starts to turn brown.
- Add the frozen corn, and cook for another 10 minutes. You want the corn to roast and turn slightly brown.
- At this point, add the soaked, rinsed and drained quinoa and water, and cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add the frozen green beans and continue cooking for another 7-10 minutes, or until all water is absorbed.
- Set quinoa mixture aside in a bowl, and mix in the turmeric and black pepper.
For the sauce
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender except the cilantro until completely smooth.
- Add cilantro, and pulse a few times so that it doesn't completely blend in.
- For the tortilla - warm them on the stove top or in an oven for 3 minutes on each side, so that they are warm but don't turn hard.
- Assemble by filling each tortilla with some quinoa taco meat, some tomatoes and spring mix, and topping with the cashew cilantro sauce.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- Healthy Vegan Lunch Ideas to Last You a Whole Week - August 4, 2019
- 1 Week of Healthy and Delicious Vegan Breakfast Meals - July 21, 2019
- Plant Based Diet Weight Loss: The Keys to Finally Losing Weight - July 6, 2019