Turmeric is an incredibly powerful anti-inflammatory spice that is also very delicious, and gives recipes a beautiful golden color. Today, I want to share 3 delicious turmeric recipes with you that you can incorporate into breakfast, lunch, dinner and even snacks to boost the inflammation fighting power of your body.
I started using turmeric because I discovered that it would help me fight the terrible physical pain I was experiencing frequently. You can read more about this here.
While a whole food plant based diet is very powerful for fighting inflammation in the body, sometimes it may not be enough. After I started consuming just 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric daily, miracles happened! I felt a huge difference.
Watch these turmeric recipes on video:
Turmeric Recipes: A Few Tips on Consuming Turmeric
In order to increase turmeric absorption, make sure to:
- Consume turmeric with black pepper
- Eat turmeric with a bit of fat, as turmeric is fat soluble
- Combine turmeric with Quercetin, a flavonoid that helps inhibit the enzyme that inactivated the active compound in turmeric (curcumin). Quercetin-rich foods include onions, capers, apples, red grapes, citrus, and more
- Gently heat turmeric for DNA-protecting benefits, and eat raw for anti-inflammatory benefits
For more information about turmeric, its important as an anti-inflammatory, and additional recipes, click here.
Turmeric Recipes: Turmeric Goji Berry Smoothie
This delicious and quick smoothie is packed with nutrients, and combines turmeric with a touch of fat and a source of Quercetin for extra absorption!
Blend until completely smooth and enjoy with a spoon as a smoothie bowl, or by sipping. Remember to always chew your smoothies, as digestion begins in the mouth.
Turmeric Recipes: Coconut-Turmeric Salad Dressing
I made this insanely delicious coconut-turmeric salad dressing, and fell in love! My favorite part about it is that it can be made really easily by just whisking the ingredients together in a bowl, and takes a few minutes to make. It is such a delicious accompaniment to any green leaves and grains.
If you like this salad dressing, be sure to check out my 3 free oil-free vegan salad dressings and sauces that make any salad a taste sensation here.
There are two ways to do this. If you use a blender, place all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
If you don’t want to wash extra dishes, place coconut butter, tamari, orange juice, and water in a bowl and whisk together vigorously. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well again.
Turmeric Recipes: Turmeric Quinoa Tacos
I admit, these tacos as a mish-mash of cultures, but what matters is that they are absolutely delicious! They combine this delicious quinoa taco meat that is very simple to make yet very hearty, with a yummy spicy cilantro cashew sauce. A heavenly combination!
- 1 cup quinoa soaked overnight in filtered water for 8 hours, then drain and rinse very well
- 2 cups water
- 1.5 cups frozen organic corn
- 2 cups frozen string beans
- ½ large sweet white onion
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- A few pinches of black pepper
Chop the sweet onion, and place on a very hot none-stick skillet. Cook for 10 minutes, until it starts to turn brown.
Add the frozen corn, and cook for another 10 minutes. You want the corn to roast and turn slightly brown.
At this point, add the soaked, rinsed and drained quinoa and water, and cook for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes, add the frozen green beans and continue cooking for another 7-10 minutes, or until all water is absorbed.
Set quinoa mixture aside in a bowl, and mix in the turmeric and black pepper.
Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender except the cilantro until completely smooth.
Add cilantro, and pulse a few times so that it doesn't completely blend in.
For the tortilla - warm them on the stove top or in an oven for 3 minutes on each side, so that they are warm but don't turn hard.
Assemble by filling each tortilla with some quinoa taco meat, some tomatoes and spring mix, and topping with the cashew cilantro sauce.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- A Guide to Vegan Food While Traveling Costa Rica - February 17, 2019
- Vegan Bodybuilding Diet: Vegan Post Workout Meals - February 3, 2019
- Tahini Salad Dressing: Easy, Healthy No Blender Vegan Dressing - January 27, 2019