Download the FREE Whole Food Plant-Based Meal Plan
Enjoy delicious and easy whole food plant-based meals, organized into a 2-week FREE meal plan and grocery list! Do your body lots of good with this amazing, 2-week meal plan that will completely transform your relationship with food! Eating this way was the best way for me to let go of my stubborn cravings for animal products because it’s easy, fun, nutritious, and really, really freaking delicious! Download the meal plan here.
Vegan Alfredo Sauce Recipe: Simple, Delicious, and Oh So Healthy
Just a little note on this divine vegan alfredo sauce. When you make it, remind yourself how healthy it is (it will be very difficult to remember since this sauce tastes so good!) This vegan alfredo sauce contains beans, nuts, and even cruciferous veg.
Because we are using steamed cauliflower, it is a good idea to make sure we follow one of Dr. Greger’s methods for cooking cruciferous vegetables, to maintain their health benefits (specifically to maximize the levels of the cancer-fighting enzyme, sulforaphane).
One way is to pre-chop the cauliflower 40 minutes before steaming, but I think that is way too time-consuming. Another is to add a pinch of mustard seeds (ground up) to the dish, which is perfect! I totally forgot to do this in the video, but you will remember, right? (Yes, you will. I will put it in the recipe, don’t worry!)
How to Use The Vegan Alfredo Sauce in Meals
Also, here are some ways to use this delicious vegan alfredo sauce in your plant-based meals:
- Add it to zucchini noodles, like in this recipe: https://www.soulintheraw.com/raw-vegan-fusion-cauliflower-alfredo-pasta/
- Mix it with your favorite whole-grain pasta. Mine is this one.
- Use it in my delicious lasagna recipe.
- Add it to an Italian-themed buddha bowl, with olives, roasted eggplant, tomatoes or sun-dried tomatoes, cucumbers, and greens. Yum!
Can’t you tell how much I adore this recipe?
And now, let’s make it:
Vegan Alfredo Sauce Recipe
Vegan Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup cashews, raw and unroasted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 florets cauliflower (about 1/4 of a medium cauliflower)
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, dry (or 1 cup canned)
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons miso (chickpea or mellow white soy miso)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, unfortified
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- A pinch of black pepper
- A pinch of mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon (approximately) Frontier Garlic and Herb Seasoning optional
- Soak chickpeas (if not using canned) and cashews in filtered water (covered in water), overnight, in separate containers.
- Steam the cauliflower for about 8 minutes, or until it is completely soft and easily pierced with a fork.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas, and place in a pot. Cover with filtered water, and cook for about 45 minutes, or until they are completely soft. Check by squeezing between your fingers. They should be easily squished.
- Rinse cashews very well, and drain.
- Place the cooked chickpeas and steamed cauliflower in a strainer, and run them under cold water to cool.
- Place cashews, cooked cauliflower and chickpeas, lemon juice, salt, miso, nutritional yeast, mustard, turmeric and black pepper in your blender, and blend until very smooth.
- Mix with pasta, in a bowl, or any other way you'd like to enjoy this. Top with Frontier Garlic and Herb seasoning.
Looking for More Delicious Vegan Recipes? Check Out Deliciously Planty
If you’ve enjoyed this simple vegan alfredo recipe, and are looking for more easy and quick, yet extremely healthy and delicious plant-based recipes, look no further than Deliciously Planty. Deliciously Planty is a 1-month vegan diet meal plan & education program.
If you’re struggling to create a whole food plant-based meal plan that fulfills all daily requirements for yourself, then this is the perfect plan for you!
It comes with 4 separate weeks, and each week has its own grocery list and batch cooking guide.
I have also added a 4-part video series, which is the “education” component. The series goes over how to meal plan and batch cook, and also all of the nutrients you need for a well-planned, deficiency-free plant-based lifestyle. Check it out here.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- Healthy Vegan Meals: 3 Easy Ideas for Every Meal of the Day, In Under 15 - October 13, 2019
- Healthy Vegan Lunch Ideas to Last You a Whole Week - August 4, 2019
- 1 Week of Healthy and Delicious Vegan Breakfast Meals - July 21, 2019