This recipe is a delicious, heavenly, simple and super healthy white bean vegan cheese sauce. You can use it on everything, from pasta to salads, to nachos. It works really well as vegan nacho cheese too.
I love how simple and quick this recipe is to make, and you would not believe how healthy it is! This time, I wanted to incorporate beans into the sauce because they make this recipe even healthier and more low fat as well.
It turned out creamy, nutty, and absolutely perfect to layer into a lasagna, or pour over baked potatoes!
Vegan Cheese Sauce & Dairy Cheese Addiction
As you know, cheese used to be a huge addiction of mine, and this vegan cheese sauce hits the spot for me, and helps me overcome this.
I’ve made many cheese recipes on the blog before, and that’s because I really wanted to help you (and me) overcome the cheese addiction.
If you are struggling with giving up eating dairy and cheese, in particular, know that the battle is worth it, and the addiction is a completely real thing!
While I am sharing this with you because I hope it explains your unexplainable and strong affinity for opening the fridge in the middle of the night in search for that salty block of cheese, I am not sharing it with you so that you can just keep eating cheese.
When you consume dairy, not only are you causing some serious damage to your body, because dairy is extremely high in fat, salt, and cholesterol (it makes you gain weight like crazy!). You are also causing massive damage to the planet and the animals, as I explain in the video.
It is so important to be knowledgeable about the facts concerning dairy production. If you know these facts, you will have a much easier time quitting this dairy addiction. Health alone is not enough – we can always eat a bite here and there. But when we are educated about the horrors of this industry, there is no way we’d want to continue supporting it.
Giving up dairy is a process, but it’s very worthwhile. I want you to remember that you will always crave something that you ate just a day ago. Once you phase this “food” out of your life, you will no longer want it. I can tell you that I do not crave dairy at all anymore, and I definitely used to be addicted.
This delicious and simple vegan cheese sauce recipe is definitely going to help you replace your dairy addiction with something just as delicious, and unbelievably healthier.
Looking for a way to go Plant Based with Complete Ease?
Replace your dairy cravings and do your body lots of good with this amazing, 2-week meal plan and grocery list that will completely transform your relationship with food and help you make quick and easy vegan meals!
Vegan Cheese Sauce Recipe: Easy, Delicious White-Bean Cheese
This vegan cheese sauce takes just minutes to make. I highly recommend that you prepare your beans over the weekend during your meal prep time, so they are fresh and ready to be used any time you want. Having prepared beans in the fridge, ready to use, will help you make this recipe in minutes!
If you are in a pinch, you can always use canned beans, but fresh always taste better to me!
Feeling intimidated by prep time? I want you to know that this recipe will take you just 10 minutes from start to finish! It’s just about throwing a few ingredients into the blender and blending. That’s it. Then, you have an amazing sauce that you can store in the fridge or freezer and use in pasta, salads, lasagna, or even as vegan nacho cheese!
Easy and Quick White Bean Vegan Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup white beans (I used great northern), cooked about 1/2 cup dry beans
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 cups zucchini, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast optional
- Soak 1/2 cup white beans (dry) overnight in filtered water for best digestion
- Rinse beans well, and add to a large pot of boiling filtered water
- Cook beans until completely soft, about 45 minutes to 1 hour, simmering
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender, starting with the water and zucchini, and blend until very smooth.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Freeze after that.
What will you use this delicious vegan cheese sauce with?
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- Healthy Vegan Meals: 3 Easy Ideas for Every Meal of the Day, In Under 15 - October 13, 2019
- Healthy Vegan Lunch Ideas to Last You a Whole Week - August 4, 2019
- 1 Week of Healthy and Delicious Vegan Breakfast Meals - July 21, 2019