I always love combining both raw food and cooked food in a hearty recipe – that way you are getting the awesome benefits of those. And this vegan eggplant parmesan is perfect in this sense. The scrumptious oil-free baked eggplant, the fresh tomato, and of course, the raw vegan parmesan. Oh yum!
The secret to any delicious main dish is always in the sauce. Don’t you agree? In the case of this vegan eggplant parmesan, the sauce is in pate form – crumbly and perfectly crunchy. The raw vegan parmesan sprinkled on top of our dish, and also between its delectable layers, makes the whole thing come together beautifully.
Vegan Oil-Free Sauces for the Perfect Vegan Meals
Be sure to download the raw vegan parmesan recipe here. It’s actually part of a brand new course that is going to come out this March. In the course, I am teaching you all about oil-free salad dressings, dips, sauces and pates for improved digestion. Oh and flavor!
Becuase no vegetable dish could ever taste as amazing as when it is immersed in the mouth-watering sauce!
And if you are an eggplant lover like me, be sure to make these mini eggplant pizzas. There was a time when all I ever wanted for dinner were these. And we ate them none stop! A crowd pleaser for sure.
And now, let’s get into our vegan eggplant parmesan recipe.
Vegan Eggplant Parmesan, Stacked
This dish is a bit different than the traditional vegan eggplant parmesan. Ok, ok, I know that saying “traditional” and “vegan” in one sentence can be silly. But to me, vegan is now traditional!
More than being vegan, this dish is also stacked – you will layer all the vegan eggplant parmesan layers on top of one another instead of how they are usually presented. This is a lot more fun to eat, because it becomes an appetizer.
As you can see in the video recipe, I was not able to put an entire stack in my mouth. If you’d like to be able to do that, be sure to make them shorter than I did.
While many vegan eggplant parmesan recipes are very high in oil and fat, this one is higher in vegetables. It includes eggplant, tomatoes, and even cauliflower, in the sneaky cauliflower parmesan cheese. It also includes basil, an extremely healthy herb that has made one of the top spots in Dr. Joel Fuhrman’s ANDI score of healthiest foods!
Vegan Eggplant Parmesan Stacks Recipe
For the stacks
- 2 eggplants
- A few pinches of your favorite Italian herbs optional
- 2 roma tomatoes or heirloom tomatoes
- 1 small bunch basil
- A few pinches of smoked paprika optional
For the Parmesan Cheese
- Recipe here: http://soulintheraw.com/oil-free-vegan-sauces/
For the eggplant
- Cut the eggplants into medium-size rounds, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle your Italian herbs on top of each round - this is optional.
- Bake at 375 Fahrenheit for 30-40 minutes, or until the eggplant is very soft. Use a fork to pierce it and make sure it's soft enough.
Putting it all together
- Chop the tomatoes into round disks, like the eggplant. Tear a few leaves of basil and put them off to the side.
- Take the oil-free baked eggplant out of the oven, and allow it to cool slightly.
- Then, create your stacks by layering the base of eggplant, tomatoes, a leaf of basil, and 1-2 tablespoons of your prepared Parmesan. You can make as many "floors" as you like. Lastly, sprinkle with smoked paprika if you'd like. Top with a beautiful fresh leaf of basil.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- Healthy Vegan Meals: 3 Easy Ideas for Every Meal of the Day, In Under 15 - October 13, 2019
- Healthy Vegan Lunch Ideas to Last You a Whole Week - August 4, 2019
- 1 Week of Healthy and Delicious Vegan Breakfast Meals - July 21, 2019