There are so many vegan cheese recipes on the blog, and that’s because cheese is delicious, and many of you (including myself) have been struggling with their addiction to dairy cheese, or are still struggling with it. (PS – this one is a favorite, try it!) This amazing vegan feta cheese is unique because this time, we are making it with tofu!
Vegan Feta Cheese: Simple and Delicious
What I love about this vegan feta cheese is how simple it is, low fat, and actually delicious! As I mentioned, marinated raw tofu does not taste good to me.
Instead, in this recipe, you will mix the tofu with just a few simple ingredients, and then bake it, so that the outside is somewhat crispy, and the inside is soft.
This method of making the tofu into feta is so much more delicious than just marinated tofu!
And by the way, if you have qualms about eating soy (which I used to have in the past), I encourage you to check out this post. There, I detail my science-based opinion about soy.
Pair this delicious feta with any salad, and check out this delicious guide on how to put together the perfect salad. I will also be showing you below how to use this feta in a super simple Greek salad that takes minutes to put together!
Vegan Feta Cheese Recipe
For this easy recipe, you will start by removing a block of extra firm tofu from the package, and chopping it into equal-sized, feta-like cubes.
Then, spread the cubes on a silicone-lined baking tray. You can also use parchment paper if you don’t have a silicone mat, although I highly encourage getting one because it’s reusable and really convenient to use.
Next, just add the seasonings and mix well. I like to do this right on the tray to remove all that extra dish washing. It saves a lot of time this way!
Lastly, our tray is off to the oven, and the result is delicious, slightly crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, vegan feta cheese!
Vegan Feta Cheese Recipe
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F (200C).
- Remove tofu from packaging, and cut into equal-sized cubes.
- Add nutritional yeast, coconut vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper onto the tofu, and mix really well with your hands so that it's well coated.
- Bake at 400F (200C) for 25-30 minutes, until tofu is slightly crispy and golden brown on the outside, and soft on the inside.
Vegan Greek Salad with Tofu Feta
- 4 Persian cucumbers, cubed
- 10 kalamata olives, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons kalamata olive brine
- 20 cherry tomatoes, chopped into quarters or halves
- 1/3 tofu feta (see recipe above)
- Chop cucumbers, tomatoes, olives.
- Place in a bowl, and add a splash of olive brine, and the feta.
What would you pair this vegan feta cheese with? Let me know down below!
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- 3 Tips that Make Living Plant Based so Easy, Delicious & Healthy - December 29, 2019
- Healthy Vegan Meals: 3 Easy Ideas for Every Meal of the Day, In Under 15 - October 13, 2019
- Healthy Vegan Lunch Ideas to Last You a Whole Week - August 4, 2019