Who’s ready for some healthy vegan lasagna? This delicious vegan lasagna is so healthy, easy and nourishing. I will allow you to eat a piece, or maybe even the entire thing – up to you!
Ready in just 30 minutes – this is ultimate comfort food that is also nourishing at the same time.
The Story of My Very First Vegan Lasagna
Here’s a little secret – this is only my third time (in my entire life!) making cooked vegan lasagna. As many of you know, I used to be a raw vegan for the first 4 years of my vegan journey. Back then, I only made raw vegan lasagna, which also happens to be absolutely delicious.
But I felt that it was now time to prepare something more comforting and ooh gooey! And I wanted to try my hand at some cooked lasagna. I made my very first vegan lasagna on this vlog.
Then, a reporter from the San Diego Union-Tribune came over to take some photos of me while cooking, and I made my “famous lasagna” yet again. Ha! Check me out blending up the tomato sauce in this shot.
And the third time making vegan lasagna – well, that is right now, my dears! This video captures the third cooked vegan lasagna I have ever made, and since three is actually my lucky number and “third time’s a charm” – I can promise you it’s a good one!
Anyway, I am telling you all this to encourage you – none of us are naturally born great cooks. It just takes a little bit of experimentation and fun in the kitchen.
Every time I prepare a dish that I’ve never made before, I do feel just a little bit intimidated. So I look up a bunch of videos on how to do it for inspiration, and then I dive right in.
The key? HAVE FUN. This has been the key to my life in the last couple of months. I’ve realized that I am way too serious most of the time. Having fun with everything you do is guaranteed to produce great results. And even if it doesn’t, well then you’ve enjoyed the process, and that is really all that matters.
This is probably a topic for a different, much deeper blog post. But my dear partner has recently noticed that I always look like I am suffering when I work, and this has started the “fun revolution” in my life.
I hope you join me! We are never supposed to suffer, and I just know that we are meant to enjoy every single moment in life.
And now, let’s make some fun times vegan lasagna.
Want More Satisfying, Healthy, and Delicious Recipes?
Download Deliciously Planty and get access to a full month of recipes, with weekly grocery lists and meal prep guides. Healthy food will never be boring or complicated to make again!
Easy, Healthy Vegan Lasagna Recipe: Gluten-Free, Plant-Based Lasagna
For the noodles:
For the tomato sauce:
For the vegan cashew cheese:
For the vegetables:
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3.5 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons coconut aminos
For the tomato sauce:
- Blend all ingredients until completely smooth, or slightly chunky – depending on your preference.
For the lasagna:
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In an 8” glass baking dish, smother a thin layer of tomato sauce.
- Place 3 noodles, slightly overlapping.
- Add more tomato sauce.
- Add 3 more noodles, slightly overlapping.
- Add more tomato sauce on top.
- Add more noodles, and make sure to add more tomato sauce on them.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
For the vegan cashew cheese sauce:
- Soak cashews overnight in filtered water.
- Rinse and drain cashews.
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender, starting with the zucchini.
- Blend until very smooth.
For the vegetables:
- Heat a pot or pan on high heat.
- Add chopped onion and cook for 5-10 minutes, until the onion begins to become translucent.
- Add all other ingredients, and cook, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Take the lasagna out of the oven, and add the cooked vegetables and coconut aminos on top.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until all vegetables are soft.
- Take the lasagna out of the oven, pour cashew cheese on top and enjoy.
What is your favorite addition to a vegan lasagna that takes it over the top?
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- 3 Tips that Make Living Plant Based so Easy, Delicious & Healthy - December 29, 2019
- Healthy Vegan Meals: 3 Easy Ideas for Every Meal of the Day, In Under 15 - October 13, 2019
- Healthy Vegan Lunch Ideas to Last You a Whole Week - August 4, 2019