It’s true, I am currently in the sweltering heat here in beautiful sunny San Diego. But you, my friend, may be freezing in other parts of the world. Or at least not yet enjoying all the beauty the spring has for you. In this case, please enjoy a delicious bowl of this vegan potato soup. It will soothe your tummy and bring the sun back to your soul!
I made this soup as one of my lazy recipes: cook the potatoes, then simply throw everything in the blender. Don’t you love those easy peasy soups?
You can even make a huge batch and freeze it, then pour it back in the pot and have it again for dinner.
My favorite part about this vegan potato soup are all the herbs and spices we add to the blender! The garlic and dill, the turmeric, nutritional yeast, and black pepper all make this soup even heartier and healthier.
Lately, I have been trying to add turmeric and black pepper to pretty much every single recipe I make, since turmeric is such an inflammation-fighting superfood, and it can honestly be added to anything without really impacting flavor.
The power of this little root is not to be underestimated, and I highly recommend you include it in your diet every single day with these easy recipes.
Creamy Vegan Potato Soup with Coconut Butter
And now, to our delicious, comforting vegan potato soup! The creaminess of this soup comes not from coconut oil – as you know, I don’t recommend including oil in your diet as it is a processed unhealthy food. Instead, we use coconut butter.
Coconut butter is my favorite creamy-inducing ingredients for vegan soups as it gives them such an amazing flavor, and it does not oxidize when it’s heated, unlike other plant fats. So adding coconut butter to anything hot gets my rating of approval!
Are you ready to make this very easy soup?
If you want to make this vegan potato soup with me on video, check out this youtube video:
Easy & Creamy Vegan Potato Soup
For the potatoes
- 5 cups potatoes chopped
- 7 cups water
- Start by boiling the potatoes in a pot with the water for 20 to 30 minutes, or until completely soft and tender
- Then, add all blender ingredients into the blender with either all of the potatoes and water, or 3/4 of them (if you want a chunky soup, use only 3/4 of the potatoes and water)
- Blend until completely smooth, and pour back in the pot to mix with the leftover potato pieces
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- Healthy Vegan Lunch Ideas to Last You a Whole Week - August 4, 2019
- 1 Week of Healthy and Delicious Vegan Breakfast Meals - July 21, 2019
- Plant Based Diet Weight Loss: The Keys to Finally Losing Weight - July 6, 2019