Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel for weekly videos and in-depth recipes, vegan tips, and tutorials.
This veggie burger recipe, packed with deliciousness, is simple, easy to make, and has tons of healthy ingredients, unlike, you know, the standard thing…
So, I love to play this game: two truths and a lie. Let me spoil it for you. Here is my one crazy truth: I have never had a hamburger in my life. If you think I am lying, challenge me in the comments to this blog post!
I’m curious to see what you all think.
In any case, a truly true truth is that I have never had a vegan burger! I have only ever consumed a raw vegan patty, and to me, that is delicious.
And as such, I created a raw veggie burger recipe for my dearest Tomer, for his birthday. He, unlike me, used to be a huge carnivore.
And he loved that thing:
And then I got a whole bunch of requests from all of you for the recipe. So here goes, I made this thing, and let me tell you: it is delicious. Let’s go make it!
How to Eat & Serve Your Veggie Burger Recipe
I love serving these burgers with a piece of lettuce, some tomato, onion, and of course, some raw vegan bread. Or you can use a portobello mushroom instead of bread! You can also add some home-made sauerkraut, which is very simple to make and very cheap too! My grandma’s premium sauerkraut recipe is here 😉
Add Sauces to Your Veggie Burger Recipe
Adding sauces to your delicious veggie burger recipe will not only take the flavor up a few notches, but it will also add nutrition. These 3 easy vegan sauces are oil-free, packed with flavor, and will turn any meal into a spectacular one. Download my 3 favorite, oil-free vegan sauces here.
Veggie Burger Recipe: Raw Vegan + Super Easy!
Ready to make this thing a reality? Let’s make some cruelty-free, delicious, easy and super good for you veggie burgers!
Veggie Burger Recipe
- 3 medium carrots, roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 small bell pepper, roughly chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 white sweet onion, roughly chopped (1 cup)
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded (optional)
- 1 cup pecans, soaked in filtered water overnight, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons whole flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 teaspooon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 date (preferably deglet nour, as they are less sweet) pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- Soak pecans in filtered water, covered, overnight.
- Add carrots, bell pepper, onion, and jalapeno (if you like spicy) to a food processor, and pulse a few times until they break down.
- Next, rinse and drain pecans over a colander, and add them to the food processor, pulsing a few more times - the mixture should now start to resemble ground beef.
- Use a small blender or coffee grinder to grind the flax seeds, and add them to the food processor, along with all other ingredients.
- Then, pulse a few more times, stopping to scrape the walls of the processor to make sure everything is well incorporated.
- Now, place a handful of the mixture onto a dehydrator sheet - the size doesn't matter, just know that the bigger they are, the longer it'll take to dehydrate them.
- Make about 6-9 burger patties, evenly spaced out and not touching on the dehydrator sheet.
- Lastly, dehydrate for about 3-6 hours, depending on how firm you like your veggie burgers. After 3 hours, you will have a firm veggie burger on the outside, that is soft on the outside - perfect!
- I love serving these burgers with a piece of lettuce, some tomato, onion, and of course, some raw vegan bread. Or you can use a portobello mushroom instead of bread! You can also add some home-made sauerkraut, which is very simple to make and very cheap too! My grandma’s premium sauerkraut recipe is here.
Latest posts by Marina Yanay-Triner (see all)
- 3 Tips that Make Living Plant Based so Easy, Delicious & Healthy - December 29, 2019
- Healthy Vegan Meals: 3 Easy Ideas for Every Meal of the Day, In Under 15 - October 13, 2019
- Healthy Vegan Lunch Ideas to Last You a Whole Week - August 4, 2019